Saturday, September 02, 2006

Efficiency

I already mentioned the organisational skills at this place, but I must elaborate a bit more and give the example of amazing efficiency. Before I signed the leasing contract for the apartment, the housing manager gave me the check list to go through and to report anything that needs fixing. There was one light bulb (pronounced boob in Brazilian English), one loose socket, and a possibility of getting a TV. I told him this in the morning and by the time I was back in the apartment in the afternoon everything was fixed and little TV was there.

I missed the army, but just barely (to be posted some time later). And back home, people say that 'boys go to army and men come back'. Now I see my stay in this highly organised, efficient environment as some kind of an substitute for my army training and the opportunity to improve in those skills. Needless to say, it shouldn't be hard for me to improve, as there is plenty of room for it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you announced to the whole world about this blog?

Time to spread the news?

Unknown said...

Begi, I may be out of the loop here, so fill me in.. which Uni is it?

Sounds great so far! Keep the posts coming :-)

zb said...

Re Sora: Sure, it's the time. I'm slowely spreding the news...

Re Luka: good Pt. I'll need to put in a post bout it. It's Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

Ps: shame Re and relevant comments cannot be bundled together in a way emails are grouped in Gmail.