Sunday, September 17, 2006

More on sports

Continuing on from the previous post... In the last couple of years, running replaced basketball as my sport of choice. So I’m looking to incorporate one or two runs per week as well, to balance out the swimming a bit (...and btw, the old man said that the balance is a very important thing). So far I went running only once. On Thursday morning the pool was closed for cleaning so I ended up running at the track. This was the first time I ran on the track, and the level of support, the bounce it provides, is very noticeable. Since I haven’t been running since I left Melbourne in the mid July, and taking into consideration the heat here, I stayed on the track for a reasonable amount - half an hour. In Melbourne I used to run a couple of 4km laps around the hill, this 400m per lap thing is not something that I prefer so I’ll be keen to check out the running at the near by park/hill.

They organise some kind of interdepartmental sporting competitions here at the Poly, including running and basketball. So I am looking to participate in both of those.

Tuesday evenings after work seem to be basketball nights… at least that has been the pattern since I’ve got here – hope it continues.

No comments: