Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jetlag

Why is it that one only gets affected, or much worse affected, when flying east? – That’s what I’ve been told, and that’s how I experienced it this time around. I know it’s something to do with the fact that our bio clock somehow gets bit more screwed when going opposite to Earth’s rotation. None the less I find it still rather funny for this trip of mine as on my way here I slept pretty well on the plane, the flight was mostly during the night, and then I was awake during the majority of the day time here in Singapore – I thought this is great, I’ll just continue where I left of, unaffected by the jetlag – err, think again. First night upon arriving to Singapore I had two two hour sessions separated by 6h of rolling on the bed. The next day I slept for 13h, and then last night only few hours again. Whereas, on the way to Europe my sleep was shocking… but I didn’t experience any jetlag effects whatsoever.

No comments: