Monday, September 04, 2006

Teacher

Yep, that's me, that's now my occupation. Even though I've been doing it since 2002 at the Department of IS, I never looked at it as work, as an occupation. It was something that I was doing until I found a 'real job'. And to me, all that teaching stuff never really felt like work and it has been something I really enjoy (exception: administrative things related to marks).

So it seems that it could happen to me like to Mujo (pronounced Muyo, the main character of jokes that are on Bosnian account) when he first married Fata. He marred her only temporarily until a better one came along... they're still married (happily, I hope).

Now that I have a full time teaching job as an International Fellow at the Ngee Ann Polytechnic's ICT school, I started referring to it as work.

It's funny, what makes it work now and not then, I don't know. Actually, so far I haven't done anything that's related to any kind of work. These days, my brief office time is mostly spend on-line, catching up with people and the sports news... working hard.

The next semester, and the first day of my teaching, starts on the 16th of October. I'll be teaching two subjects: 'Object Oriented Programming' and 'Object Oriented Analysis and Design'. I fully expect to be enjoying it as I always have, till then I'll just have to continue with my 'hard work'...

From NgeeAnn campus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you need any "visiting lecurers" to talk about the practice of these topics in industry? :-)

Mujo and Haso conquer Singapore!

zb said...

Haso, za sad ne znan, al ako sto cujen cu ti javit.