Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pictures

As they say picture is worth a 1000 words...

When getting an email from someone I always like it that much more when it has pictures attached to it. So, likewise it was always my intention to attach many pictures to this blog, maybe put couple w/in a post and then have a link to a gallery or something. And this being a Google product I thought there would be convenient way of doing it...

Well think again, so far only on the paper it sounds as though this will be possible, but unfortunately (for me) it doesn't work in the practice (yet).

I've heard about goodness of Picasa about a year ago from Björn, our German exchange friend who spent a year with us at DIS. It took me a while to get to use it, but now that I'm here I must say that 'I am feeling lucky' button under 'Basic fixes' tab is doing wonderful improvements to the pictures (that I've taken). Though Picasa on its own wasn't enough and when I decided to post some pictures on this blog I was referred to a yet another product, Hello, that was suppose to make this picture-blog integration a breeze.

Instead of just reading my blabbing about photos, you can have a look at Björn's Australia photos, and if you know German you might want as well to read about his Aussie experience.

For some nice night photos of The University of Melbourne take a look at my good friend Nay's gallery. Nay also took some impressive shots of the city of Melbourne. To understand what Nay has against the sun light, you might want to try your luck by reading his blog.

No comments: