Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Due credit

Since I'm enjoying my Singapore experience so much, I should give credit where the credit is due. First and foremost that's Shanton, a lecturer at DIS, and Nat, my fellow tutor whose position I inherited here at Ngee Ann. Thanks to two of them, the majority of the discussion during my phone interview with the poly was based around the timing of my arrival, and not about my experiences, why 'do I want'/'should I be given' the job, etc. Cannot beat the connections! Much appreciated guys!

Also, as mentioned in the post below, I'm rather comfortable with all the stuff teaching. That's thanks to the opportunity to constantly have the casual tutoring position during my stay at DIS, even in the recent times when those positions have been increasingly becoming scarce. Special thanks to all the people I've had opportunity to work with as part of 230 and 245 teaching teams during the years, as well as to admins: JennyT and James who helped me in many ways on many occasions.

Since this looks like I am preparing for the Oscars, I might as well mention that I've spent waaaay more time at DIS then at home, or anywhere else for that matter, in the last 5 yrs, and so I've gotten to know basically everybody who works there: from the head of the department, to the cleaners; and who studies there: from Phds to undergrads. And they all have been kind and helpful, so thanks ALL and good luck DIS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude i know there like what 40 billion women in singapore but just remember that i love you more :D

Unknown said...

Good idea this blog thing...i'll have to look into it myself.