Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Washing the clothes

The reason for starting up the washing machine was not because I ran out of clean clothes to wear. I picked up all of my summer clothes from my Melbourne closet... quite a few T-shirts. And like I've mentioned in that post on Malaysia shopping, I got a few more here, and then I even received couple more Polo's with the School's logo.

Had to do it because few peaces of clothes that I left for a week in the bucket filled with water started producing some nasty smells - I'm surprised that happened in the first place. Thought that keeping those smelly, sweaty clothes in water will prohibit the smells... guess that works for a few days only!?

I like when the clothes smell really nice after washing, and I was told that's due to the softener. Well, my Auntie had this kick ass softener back in Croatia, I was so impressed that I even send her an SMS asking for its name. Unfortunately, I didn't find that particular one in the shop here, but I got something that looked decent.

The challenge today was to figure out how to load, where to put powder, softener and start up the (top loading) machine. For my first load I've put in the powder into a bag that now I think serves as a filter to pic up the loose bits that come of clothes during the washing. On the softener it said not to pour it directly on the clothes, so I poured it into the few holes that I found within the machine's loading area.

The bottom line is that I messed it up... The clothes doesn't smell nice at all, and the ones that were in the bucket for a week still stinks...

Some constructive comments could come in handy. Thanks...!

Ps: it seems that it was the basketball top, made entirely out of plastic like material, that stank up all the other clothes that were in the bucket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

doood i love that smell, are you serious its like the best smell in the world :D

Unknown said...

this is what you do srico sestrina...prvo pusti vode da se malo nakupi na dno masine i dodaj saku praska da se stopi da ti se ne zalipi po robi.....onda dodas robu i masina ce pocet prat.....onda kad skoro bude gotova i kad primi zadnju vodu prije centrifuge e onda dodas omeksivac....this was the top loader yeah ??? practice makes it xxx

zb said...

Thanks for that. Yahoo answers is a nice thing, the 'home section' will be handy... Didn't k I have to sit next to the machine to count the cycles :)