Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hawker Centre

…is the place where I have dinner on most nights. Five minutes walk from the apartment, in the opposite direction form the Poly, is an open (has roof, but no air-conditioning) food court that has 88 stools, according to the old Chinese scholar with whom I have shared the table and interesting conversation the few nights ago. A dish costs between 2 and 5 Singaporean dollars (3 SGD = 2.50 AUD = 1.50 EUR = 11.20 HRK). This makes it cheaper to eat out then to cook at home, especially to cook just for one person – me like.

Most days I end up eating seafood dishes, and the one that I try to eat more then once per week, is a sliced fish soup (pic taken by the phone camera)

Yesterday I caught up w/ a Kiwi friend after a long time... First we met for the dinner at the Newton Circus, the Hawker Centre for tourists, where we had BBQed Sting Ray.

No comments: