Friday, December 05, 2008

What a difference a day makes...

The job interview, arranged by the Director of the school where I used to work, has received the new lifeline. Apparently, they want to see me again. The email correspondence is included below. Also this morning, I received the resolution that I can stay in my apartment till the end of the year. The stars have been nicely aligned today. Some seemingly good news, amidst all the BS that I've put myself in lately, come as the breath of fresh air.

cheers...! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, 5 December, 2008 9:13 AM
To: ZB
Subject: RE: My passion to join HC

Hi Z,

Good to hear that you have now completed your program.  Time flies, our meeting seemed like they had just happened yesterday.

Then again, so much has taken place in the past few months.  Would you like to come over for an updated discussion so that both parties can come up to speed.  S will contact you to make arrangements.

Best regards,

OT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, 4 December, 2008 3:05 PM
To: OT
Subject: My passion to join HC

Dear O,

I hope this email finds you in good spirits. 

I am happy to say that as of now, all my university tasks are completed, and I am ready, and genuinely keen to contribute to HC as soon as possible. I can start tomorrow.

Having had the opportunity for extensive conversations with K [the founder] and yourself, I am impressed with the leadership of the company and its potential for the future. I have the firm belief that HC will continue its growth amidst the tough competition in the industry, and currently slow economic times.   

While initially I was looking to join HC in a role of System Analyst as advertised on the website, it was flattering to find out that you see my potential and skills being aligned with numerous roles at HC. This being said, I am very keen to prove my hard work and intellect at any of these exciting opportunities as required by the immediate business needs.

I am motivated to join the team, 'role up my sleeves' and work hard, learn and grow with HC while contributing my passion for the people, IT and knowledge as a valuable asset to the company.

Enthusiastically looking forward to hear from you. 

Sincerely,

Z

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big credit goes to Babber, a.k.a ZhiqiTao, without whom 'the passion email' would not have happened.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the interview bro. these trials are not for nothing ;)

d

Zhiqi said...

That's awesome, brother!

zb said...

will see one day I hope. From the current point of view, I must admit, it all does seem rather pointless... But as S. Jobs said in his speech, you can never connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backward...!
Ps: the speech: http://zbegic.blogspot.com/2008/03/keep-hungry.html

zb said...

@Zhiqi: XieXie Babber ;)

Anonymous said...

Zoran, you, Biaozhi, how have you been man?? I spent almost 3 hours to go through all you articles and photos, they are really awesome~~it seems that you had experienced a lot and made many new friends since our departure~~you had been in Vietam, HK, and Japan. But you had never been to Shanghai where I am. Did u forgot me?? you biaochi, i am sad!!~~~Man, about job and your degree, don't push yourself too hard, life is a journey. the most important thing is whether you are happy, instead of the results. about me, i am still in PBOC (People's bank of china), i completely shift from an IS guy to a financial market professional. hehehehe, is it good? drops me some lines when you available and post more photos. biaochi~~~

Anonymous said...

sorry, i clicked it a number of times after i found that there was no response. you know, too hurry la. pls remove the additional comments

zb said...

@the original ByaoC - nice of you to take sooooo much time out of your busy schedule to check out what´s up with me... Thank you. Also, it´s good to hear that you are doing well. Cheers...! Ps: since you are not an IT person (any more :), let me tell you about the RSS, it´s a nice little thing that tells you when an website has been updated. You might want to subscribe to RSS feeds from this blog so you can read about my ´journey´ slowly - just as it is moving on instead of putting in another 3hours effort 3 years from now ;)