Friday, October 10, 2008

Another baby step... (?)

Dear K,

Thank you for the very pleasant and interesting conversation, and the time taken.

I am happy to find out that you recognize my potential and different ways it can add business value for HC. I look forward to an opportunity to prove this in the practice.

Best regards,

Z

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just send out this 'thank you' mail. So it turns out that my scepticism was right after all, even though Huge got me to believe otherwise. K is the founder of the company. The interview went OK, though I would not grade my performance as highly as the 1st one.

fingersCrossed...!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED: later in the afternoon, I received the (positive) reply to above email:

Dear Z,

Thank you for your email. I will be discussing with the team and I am sure you will be contacted soon.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Warm regards,

K

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED, 20th Oct: Another full week has passed by with no word from Mr K nor anyone in the company. My initial 'OK' assessment of the interview now seems like a large overestimation. The questions running between my ears:

  • Should I email them?
  • Should I try to elaborate on the interview points that I know I should have, could have done better?
  • Should I just forget about it, and call it next?
If you have an opinion on what to do in this situation, please leave a comment - thanks...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck bro ;)

zb said...

cheers bud, u too...! - though u already stared w/ ur job in the homeland!?

Anonymous said...

honey i think you should take it easy. please don't call them up again.
If any good news later, then take it as the extra bonus. otherwise please let it go......you already did all what you need to do. you did well. :-)
afterall it is just your 1st interview.....you will be great! no worries.....:-)