Monday, December 29, 2008

Unexpected holiday

The extension for my Singapore Social Pass (tourist visa) was declined, and I had 2 days to pick the destination outside the boundaries of this paradise island to disappear to for a while. Taking the current circumstances, cost and timing into the consideration, I got the ticket to Dubai, and Roza got me the one from Dubai to Iran - Thanks! Unlike my 1st time in Iran, this was the very lazy two weeks - for me, Roza had to continue her workaholic lifestyle, pardon the day and a half of annual leave she managed to organise. With no (workable) Internet connection - mobile roaming did not work either - I watched DVDs (two seasons of CSI Miami and few movies) and lots of CNN. Also, I read two books. Still, I had too much time to think about how the ever slowing economy and failed degree will effect my job search, and thus, the decision making process in the months to come. The winter is white over there, so I did not get to use my running gear, as I diligently intended to. It was nice seeing the snow again for the first time since my 2004 skiing trip in Christchurch (NZ), though this time enjoying it only from inside the warm apartment through the closed window. Apart from catching up with Roza after three months, the highlights were: Iranian dinner, Iranian wedding, and playing tennis for the 1st time ever.

Tomorrow afternoon, I’ll be on my way to Melbourne for 10 days.

...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello bud

keep em posts coming and don't disappear like that again !!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, man! Enjoy your Melbourne holiday~~