Friday, August 29, 2008

Irony - an example

Received from the teacher on Aug 15th:

Hi Z,

I am sorry to hear about your plight. I have checked with the appropriate person in charge of approving ISMs and unfortunately it is not possible to approve 2 ISMs in the same semester. As you realise, there are administrative rules that the department has to follow. As mentioned earlier, the option you have if you need to do two ISMs, is to do it over two semesters.

Best wishes,

M

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent to the student on Aug 28th:

Hi NJ,

I am sorry to see you plight just now, this late in the semester. Though I sincerely wish that I could help you, unfortunately the semester is officially completed, and the administrative regulations at the school have to be obeyed.

Best wishes,

Z

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: It was my 1st day as a teacher at the school here in Spora two years ago today. And yesterday was the anniversary of the arrival. Time sure does fly, at the ever increasing speeds...

No comments: