Thursday, August 31, 2006

First impressions

...last, or so they say. In this case, if that ends up to be true I'll have excellente time here in Singapore.

I was picked up from the airport in the luxury car and driven to the luxury 3 bedroom apartment which is located in the luxury apartment block which includes many playgrounds and it's surrounded by the park in the area called Bukit Timah. (Mind you luxury, as all other adjectives is a relative word.)

There I was greeted by the American dude who's been working here for a while with the same title that I have. He showed me around; how things work, where to buy milk, where to get dinner etc. Thanks Ryan!

Work is located five WALKING minutes from the apartment block (to put it into perspective, previously it took 1h on public transport to get there) . At work everybody is very friendly and happy to help... Since I arrived at the end of the semester I can have first couple of weeks easy as everybody else is busy with the exam marking. This will give me the time to slowly settle in. Also, I should mention the organisation at this place. They already had everything ready for me: office, name on the door, laptop, email, bank account, ... , and the first paycheck. Last but not the least, meeting coworkers who enjoy jerking around: priceless.

Guess the only thing that wasn't waiting for me here was a wife and two kids :)


View from the apartment:
...3 tennis courts are behind the other goal. Running track, Olympic size pool and the other smaller one are part of the campus. (There might be more... and there is: gym, indoor courts, rugby field...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, i want to be there :D that place rocks and what kinda laptop did you get and does it shoot lazers and make milkshakes also post a picture of you on your next blog :D

zb said...

Hey Kreso, unfortunately no lasers from the laptop just milkshakes. It's some 3 yr old Toshiba w/ a 15'' screen, wireless n more power than that desk top computer I left behind.

Anonymous said...

test the strength of teh laptop by throwing it off the roof :D trust me it wont brake.......