Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dilemma

I'm quite confused w/ all this shit now, don't k wtf to do...

a) Act supper blur (as though nothing happened) n let Director continue to think that I threatened her. If I was boss, n I felt threatened by one of my low/est ranked employees, what would I do, I ask myself? Hmmmmm, well that's easy...

b) Go and discuss situation. -Too confrontational.

c) eM explanation. Too impersonal... lack of context. Though if she misunderstood me in person maybe I have a better chance of getting though like that. - I mean, how much worse can it get?

d) Arrange meeting w/ all the parties involved. Director expressed her concerns of being threatened by IF-I-was-a-teacher teacher to Deputy Director and my RO. So maybe a discussion with 4 people in there would not be as confrontational to any one person.

e) ...?

Ps: just as I was writing this I was interrupted. This very moment Sinthya, a fellow teacher here, left my office. She was here to tell me how her mentees (a 2nd yr class that she is assigned to mentor, and I teach OOAD) are completely confused. They have no idea what's going on, they are concerned. They don't understand the accent. There's a Cro saying that says 'when devil takes a crap, devil shits on one pile'. The best advice I got for teaching here comes from Murray. At the end of my professional development day for IF Murray said: "keep your sense of humor".... Thus, it's not my fault that I was born with intimidatingly good looks n sexy voice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well yeah there's also other similar sayings that agree with your croatian's 'when devil....' saying. so lets priortize.

as it stands, did you speak to the big D (alone & face to face), if yes: good- things will sort itself out when she understands where your coming from. objective 1: to ensure your next contract is on- if i am assuming i understand according to the blog it was up in the air in the first place.
objective 2: she's a good person, i'd say, and always wants to get to the bottom of things so have a go at it mate !- sounds familiar ;)
as it is a trickle down effect here, once the boss says your good-your good!

as for not understanding the accent- tell them it's a big world with 6 billion people, i would say quite a lot compared to 2, paltry, million and those pretty faces better be prepared when they graduate to deal with the world so appeal to them to stop concentraing on your dashing good looks- thats a classified disturbance by the way, and, for sometime, put their raging hormones aside to be better prepared for the future !

or just speak slower then slow, repeat what you said 3 times and ask them every 10 mins, do you need me to explain again or did you understand for the next 4 lessons ! and watch the diference ;)

zb said...

Sharing is caring, so share OXy, what's the other saying...?

Anonymous said...

its ' when it rains, it pours' bud. hope you enjoyed this one. caring is indeed sharing. so hope to see you in june for a day atleast !