Saturday, May 26, 2007

Chinese checkers

RO talked to Director to tell her something along the lines of me not feeling comfortable thinking that Director thinks that I threatened her. Director said 'what'? Apparently she didn't think I threatened her. Though Director did say something along those lines to my RO, and then my RO took it way more serious then Director intended to express it, and then by the time I heard it... bla bla bal ....

I mean, wtf is this... And to think that Director had slides on that Friday's meeting, just wk ago, titled 'Organisational Communication' - lol

If you don't get a joke, don't laugh - ask. It won't be funny but at least you'll get what the story's about, n avoid all these 'deaf telephone' games. Yea, I know- why simple...

So apparently 'all is cool', the soap opera is over. I found out this yesterday. I'll probably still go to Director and just apologize for the episode. Went to knock on her door yesterday as I was leaving for the wk, but she was gone already.

The lessons:

-don't kid around w/ Director, as much as she tries to create friendly atmosphere.
-there is no communication in the organization, or as colleague said: 'it sucks'. It is not sought after, encouraged, nor appreciated; at least not practically.
-the masks they wear are thick, very thick.
-forget bout job. Focus on 'payed holiday' n

keepLaughing...!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"the masks were thick, very thick". omg, that's it bud, welcome ! i feel like a prick for saying this as you know how i 'dislike rocking the boat !:)' but if you were to ask me about our fellow travellers then it's this that might be the key !

Unknown said...

couldn't help but track down this conversation ....funny brother funny...i like the reminder about the working holiday tho , the context , not to be ignored :) say hi to DAvid for me i'm assuming it's his reply just above mine, something in it's voive tells me it might be xxxxxxxxxxx see you SOOOON looks like mum could get the sack so we all might end up in cro together...wicked sick :)

zb said...

Hi DF, long t no see... thanks for (inadvertently) pt-ing out the typo - the masks ARE thick.

Also pls no need to feel like 'prick' for saying anything, again these things are actually..../for real/no shit/seriously/kid u not/no F-ing around/no joke/no BS/genuinely/sincerely (insuring syntax does not get into the way) ...appreciated around here, so if anything feel 'helpful'.

'Our fellow travelers' - if you were Dan (dude I meat in Saba) I'd get it. But since u are u, I'm not sure. Are u referring to your wifes ? Or...? The key...? to what? Do elaborate.

Ps: Ves says hi :)

Anonymous said...

wow- fellow travellers bud, i meant, all, everyone, alle, tout, and no one in special. thanks for clarifying though.

hi ves, thought you'd made the connection from the name and all that :) but the voive- i'll take that as a step up :)

and bud, just because i don't hit the reply doesn't mean that you are outta my mind ;) keep 'em posting coming.

ps: need a translation to english for some other posts- unless of course its private ;) suggetsions ?

zb said...

Nope it doesn't help everybody/key/mask... maybe we leave this one for the discussion over that nice bottle of juice that you will catch and we'll hit before we hit the graduation :P - remind me of the topic though.

Ps: Suggestion: get your self another one of those Russian chicks, i'm sure she'd be helpful - tk that grin of your face - now ha ha