Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Why this blog

Before I left Australia I talked a bit about this idea with a few friends and one of them, Ray, summed it up like this:

About me: I don't have to write the same thing many times over, or be spamming most of the people in my contact list with impersonal emails.

About you: if you what to know what I am up to, you simply look it up. Or in the IS terms, it's information pull instead of a push. I.e. you retrieve the information that you want, instead of me pushing it out to you in this day and age of information overload.

I envision blabbing on about my experiences, thoughts, etc, without too much thought being put into the writing style and presentation. Luckily this thing has a spelling check so words should be readable. Though as many of you already know, I'm not much of a witter (to say the least) and English grammar, especially the articles, are not best of my friends. Happy to have my grammer corrected in the comments section :)

Btw, looking forward to ALL your comments -> don't think, just write...!

No comments: