Saturday, August 01, 2009

Indonesia: hop-overs

Back in September 2008, I had two quick weekend trips to Indonesia.

One just a nice resort place that's more like a Singaporean playground. Bintan is about one hour boat ride from Singapore, providing for a nice getaway from the big city routine. I spend few pleasant days there, eating and enjoying the beach with Dr Love, Irene and her mum, Auntie Vicky.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next was the trip to Lake Toba with the American boys. That was some crazy fun as we got to enjoy some nice herbal products of the kind that is very hard to find in Spora. The trip would have been even better if I could have gone there as originally planned at the same time as Dan and Greg and climb some volcanoes for few days. Unfortunately Kevin and I had to change our departure date, spending only the weekend on the lake. I had to change my one because Prof Henry of my Globalisation class could not bare me missing yet another session. Of course, I gave him a nice excuse, teaching related, yet he did not budge. Moreover, to make things 'better', later I failed that class (eventually it all turned out for the best - as it always does). None the less, though the trip was short, it was indeed very sweet...!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps: since the Lake Toba trip I stayed in Spora on the social pass (tourist visa) as my Employment Pass expired it was taken by the customs. Three months later, this led to the abrupt departure when I did not get the extension for the social visa approved. I ended up in Iran.


No comments: