Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No effort gets wasted

Be not afraid of going slowly, be only afraid of standing still.”- Chinese Proverb

The title of the post might seem false, or at least foolish (-ly optimistic) at the 1st glance. But, I am a firm believer for a long time now (guess, I had no other choice). I´ve had these BS kind conversations with quite a few senior citizens (the kind who´s been enjoying their retirement for a while), and many of them presented gems along the lines of hope and perseverance. Keep plugging on, and the benefit of the current turmoil will some day be one of, if not the main, reasons for success, happiness... Btw, on this note, they also advised to be patient.

This belief is a tad stronger in me after the last night. Instead of working on the assignment or sleeping soundly, I could do neither. My brain was running on the overdrive, connecting many dots that have been accumulating between my (klempavi) ears throughout my prolonged relationship of procrastination and academic assignments. The end result of the sleepless night is a feasible idea that can bring a great, tangible benefits to many. Unlike previous ones, I´ll keep this cat in a bag for a while longer.

...!


Pps: ´dot connecting´ phrase inspired by Steve Jobs´s speech.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the ass..i gn meant ! look forward to that brilliant idea thats still in the bag. hope you are keeping it quiet for the sake of protecting your IP :) how did the visit go ;)

zb said...

The visit went sweet - Thanks. See, I already have sore throat for the last few days so it was all legit, pardon the fact that I didn´t need to take Panadol to get the temp down. Got pardoned for 3 days. Once, I got to school (after spreading my self all over the drainage gutter and busting my hip, elbow and couple of fingers - fell while running after the bus during the rain) Prof took us out for beer, and was all cool bout it. I´m not sure, if it was just the beer effect, or... So since he didn´t ask for it, I didn´t mention it. Nuff talking... need to start writing... - of the academic kind.

Anonymous said...

what if you like standing still ?

zb said...

Either:
a) you haven´t had the opportunity to start moving. Hence, you don´t know better yet.
b) you are lying to yourself(http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/10/how-and-why-we-lie-to-ourselves.php)
c) you are a vegetable
d) ...?