Wednesday, November 19, 2008

4th decade

"We don´t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

And another lap around The Sun completed. Adding further to the already impressive distance covered, while going by a notch quicker then the last one.

I haven´t seen so much fanfare regarding the birthday in years, maybe even decades. Why so much excitement about the zero at the end of the number? Sure, if it was a three digit number, I might have less trouble understanding it. 

So many friends of the similar age are talking about getting old, slower, out of shape, etc, etc... Sorry all; I can´t relate at all. Partially, I credit my prolonged school life for this lack of the ability to sympathise with the generation. I´m surrounded with the youth, where average age does not exceed early to mid twenties, all my life. So somehow rather, my mind neglected to notice the changes in the mirror´s reflection. Though the looks might not support it, I still feel as youthfully energetic and crazy as ever. 

I don´t get - and I hope I never will  - why so many people stress about having yet another birthday. Not only it is a great excuse to make another day just a bit more special, and to catch up with your family and friends for few (too many) drinks, but it also serves as the greatest sign that, despite anything, things are still going great...!

Ps: my niece turned one today - Sritan Rodendan Petra! 

Pps: people having a drink in the name of my birthday from Croatia, Germany, France, through Iran, Spora and Australia, all the way to Mexico is very cool. - I´m one lucky F...ellow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot india- though i did not drink. in fact not touched a spot all the while I've have been here ! hope you ahd a great day/night.