Monday, July 14, 2008

An Inconvenient Truth

I finally got around to see the documentary by Al Gore. Great movie, strongly recommended. Though, if you are the kind of person that would end up liking it, the chances are that there won't be much, if anything, new for you there...

I remember back in 2000 wishing for him to win the US presidential election - I don't remember why I was wishing so. In 2007 he won Noble Prize for "efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change." (ref) Watching the movie made me think that should have he won that race back in 2000 he would have made a (much) more positive influence - to ecology, earth, us...- by now.

I know, as usually a very debatable, but definitely intriguing....

What if...!

No comments: