Thursday, July 31, 2008

Homeland stopover

Two years and two weeks ago, I was on my way to Singapore to start this big OE.

On the way there, I've done a 'little' D-tour to visit Croatia for the 1st time in 7 years.

The holiday was spend in Zadar:

...with the family:


Of other notables:
- they are all big, as in metric scales big. My grandma called me 'crops'. Einstein would have said 'it's all relative'.
- they are all genuine, full of love for each other. ...And love for their drinks, food, coffee, cigarettes...
- they are all pessimistic, cynical, and love the sound of their own voice
- understanding the previous two points, served as a big relief 'it's not me, it's the genes'
- on arrival to customs at Zagreb airport, I was notified of the issued 'ban on the exit from the country', as I have failed to serve the army before my 27th birthday.
- the bureaucracy insured that it takes full month an a half - till the two days before departure - to sort out the paper work, and get the ban lifted.
- when kissing, do you start first kissing the left cheek, and then the right, or vice versa ?

No comments: