Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Melbourne Visit

Now customary, Easter Break visit back (to parent's) home. Unlike before last year's visit, this time I did not send the spam mail announcing that I'm coming. As having less then a week is not enough to catch up with all the friends. Last time trying to see most friends, I felt that I didn't spend enough time with the family, so tried to change that this time around.

Though, none the less I didn't get to spend as much time with family as I wanted. During this visit, lots of the time went into reinstalling operating system on the home PC, and setting up few necessary applications that my parents would need. This complete overhaul was necessary even after Jay tried getting the bugs out on few occasions - thanks Jay. After couple of days of on-and-off work, everything seemed just the way I wanted it. Everything but the sound. And I tried, and I tried obsessively so much to get it to work that my parents got upset as I was still at it, trying yet another sound card driver 90min before the flight. (Just spoke to my Mum earlier today, PC is unusable as it keeps shutting down unexpectedly soon after starting. After all that effort to fix software issues, there seems to be a hardware one - time for a new box).

On the bright side, the year passes by and Melbourne looks real good. Everyone I managed to catch up with is healthy, doing well, and making progress with their careers, their Phd-s, their whatevers - life as usual. (Mum's ankle improved so much that she and Dad can go for their daily walk, albeit not yet as intensely as before the break)

Keep up, hope to see you all next time around...!

No comments: