Friday, November 30, 2007

birth-month shopping

After one year plus here, I get to taste some of the famous Singapore culture 1st hand; the shopping culture:

Save from losing/breaking stuff, I should be shopping-free for a while. This being the month I was born in, it felt kind of like receiving lots of prezos... - albeit, most from myself...

At the beginning of the month, with few of running colleagues from work, I went to the New Balance shop - the marathon running colleague has 40% discount during November. I am a new NB fan. At the shop they got us running on a treadmill to determine a correct shoe. I got two pairs and running shorts.

Few weeks later, for birthday I got the watch. Also got the new jeans that have been in the closet for couple of months, finally trimmed (my ass size/lag ration makes it impossible to get a new pants that fit 'out of a box').

As the phone died the in washing machine, last week I got Nokia E51 - awesome.

Then on the weekend, after a year plus since having initial idea, I got the Boston Birkenstok - perfect for flat footed teacher, also quicker at getting ready in the morning as no need for socks. To make the best of the shop wide 40% discount, I also got Teva sandals, swimming gaggols and two pairs of Mizuno running shorts. My Dad´s birthday is coming next month, so (at danger of ruining the surprise) I got him a pair of NB as well.

Getting a good use from all this goodies, will make it a happy year...!

No comments: