Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hot Technology 2010

Aussie Rules interviews Michael Chanter - IT General Manager at Frontline - where he explains in layman’s terms the five technologies of the moment:
  1. Utility storage: growing at 30%p.a.
  2. Application virtualisation: one copy of the application per enterprise. Kept at the data server, pushed onto the client per need
  3. Cloud computing: applications, storage, processing provided as an on-line service (examples)
  4. Unified communication: an application that combines variety of communication modes (e.g. Google Voice)
  5. Green IT: save power expense required for running storage and application servers
Here's the extended list, The top 10 for 2010, by Gartner.

...!

1 comment:

Daniela America da Silva said...

Hey Zoran!!!

Good to see you found my blog !!! That is great !!! Now I am following you also ! And I am going to read your posts also !!! Yes I decided to come on-line and share some of my thoughts !!!

Big Hug !!!