Tuesday, August 28, 2007

1st Anniversary

Year ago today, I landed at Changi airport, for the start of my bigOE.

Though I thought I'll get out for few drinks tonight and celebrate, instead 'I'll just follow the law' and go once again thorough the exam marking... I have to go though all of the 321 exam scripts tonight, cos they did not like how I added up the numbers... I did not show the break down of the mark for the (sequence) diagram part of the question; after few ticks and crosses, I just added the marks in my head... - or actually worse, I added the negative marks then deducted them from the total mark (apparently that's a big no no, cos we 'award marks, we don't take the marks away' - hmmm what is the difference 15-7=8, and 0+8 is still = 8!? isn't it???). One would think that others - cross-checkers and cross-checker-checkers - can do that as well, should anyone of them end up looking at it THAT closely in the 1st place... - though, I must say that after one year, I should not be surprised if they look at it using electronic microscope.

Here's to the next 365 Spora days,

Cheers...!

3 comments:

Nay Lin Soe said...

I used to do that as well--taking away from the full mark. At some point, I tried approaching from the other end--awarding for good points. Surprisingly for me, they got slightly higher overall marks by the latter. Since then, I've been doing the latter...

How u doing my man... long time

zb said...

interesting stuff... - maybe I'll try next time to see the effect. Though, in this instance it was just a marking of one exam Q. The main things is the consistency - IMO.

Things are really good... LG, Baby...!

Anonymous said...

hey zoki ;)

i just ordered myself an 80gb ipod haha they have the new 6th gen. very nice. apple.com.au :)

not much more to say otehr than ive been working hard haha!


hopefully see you soon!